Lock Haven University
Lock Haven, PA 17745
What's New in D2L? - List of 2016 Updates
D2L Monthly Updates Lock Haven University is on D2L's Continuous Delivery model,
which allows us to receive valuable new functionality from D2L on
a monthly schedule which requires zero downtime. In the past, we typically
received one major upgrade per year, resulting in a full day of downtime
and major learning curves. The Continuous Delivery model makes it
possible for D2L to provide incremental and easily integrated changes
based on user feedback and needs.
Below are the notes from all off the updates we received
- Awards tool improvements, Changes to supported browsers, changes
to scoring discussion rubrics, new option for release conditions,
Brightspace Pulse mobile app.
Students now see future and past quizzes in list, further improvements
to Awards tool, export event log for all quiz attempts, support for
holistic rubrics in discussions. 4/22/2016 - Awards added to release conditions,
improvements to Brightspace Pulse app. 5/20/2016 - Automatic rubric score transfer
in discussions, sum of post scores in discussions, new quiz attempt
override for individuals, selected answers highlighted in quizzes,
new notifications in Brightspace Pulse app.
Rubrics now auto transfer to gradebook, and auto creation of discussion
- Improvements to Assignment Grader app, can now copy discussion thread
*replies*, and Video Note no longer requires Flash!
- Many improvements to Intelligent Agents tool, and can now specify
a different number of quiz attempts for individual students under
Assignment Grader improvement for Android users, direct export of
quiz and survey reports to Excel, and students can now read and repy
to discussions from Notifications.
- More options available for grade exports.
- Assignment grader now compatible with Android 7, HTML now remains
intact upon copy/paste, and many improvements to the Intelligent Agents
- NEW Virtual Classroom by YouSeeU, visual redesign of Quizzes tool,
and grade item exemptions.
At times it may be necessary to roll out special changes in between
our Continous Delivery updates. Details of these changes will be listed
- Language term changes (i.e. Dropbox to Assignments), and Nav Bar